What’s this? Yet another gift giving guide spamming your feed. Not to worry, as Kid Monet is using this years list to highlight rising Canadian brands on the cusp of being the next big brand (if not already!).
Seemingly, all I hear nowadays is that today’s children are beyond spoiled.
As a mother of two young children, I can vie for that! It’s true! I do want to provide my kids with most things they ask for. Through hard work, my husband & I are able to provide my children with their wants and needs. The ability to be able to give my children what they want is an earned privilege. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing the excitement that comes with a gift.
As a child of refugee parents, my childhood was the best of what my parents could provide for; the bare necessities. My three siblings and I had a roof over our heads and healthy cooked meals. My parents were hard working and took every opportunity for any overtime. That said, we have great appreciation for our parents and what they’ve endured for our wellbeing. Though it was enough, we lacked things like new toys, trendy clothes and extracurricular activities. We didn’t have the latest and greatest innovations, but the rare surprise gift was always a treat!
But it’s also OK to splurge on most things for my children. The best part is, nowadays there’s a spectrum of quality products to choose from. Especially sustainable, Canadian designed and made products that stem from mom and dad entrepreneurs who are inspired by their kids.
I’m thrilled to share these 10 great Canadian brands and ideas with you, in hopes to inspire your gift giving this holiday!
- There’s nothing that screams Canadian anymore than hockey. It’s our sport and a sport we play well. Hockey is a famous Canadian brand! When it’s game time, the world stops until the overtime goal is scored. Our children are playing the sport or cheering on their favourite team. Most likely they’re collecting the new NHL draft-pick collectible card too! This leather, 28 hockey card binder is the ideal piece in any pro card collectors compilation.
2. Toronto Raptors made Canadian history this year by taking home the NBA Championship trophy. Most Canadians couldn’t be any more thrilled of this proud moment (well, next to Drake). Celebrate with these exclusive Raptors NBA Championship 30 collector’s trading cards. Support Canada’s only NBA team and Toronto’s well known basketball brand!
3. How Canadian is the word toque eh? Quebec made and brand Lox Lion designed the ultimate winter toque. Warm, fashionable, sustainable materials and topped with a faux fur pom pom! Easy to gift and to add to your child’s winter wear collection this season!
4. This holiday, give the gift of giving. Teach and inspire our children to help those in need. There’s no prouder parenting moment then to teach and have our children understand why we help those who aren’t able to help themselves. Our holiday pop up highlights two amazing Edmonton organizations aimed to help families with young children in need of help. To learn more about Basically Babies (outfitting newborns in need) and Bissell Centre’s new Early Learning & Child Care project, check the link below:
5. Did you hear about the hottest collab of the year? Brunette the Label X Juicy Couture is the next best thing since Virgil Abloh and… well, everything that’s he’s ever imbued! During the early 2000’s there was a sea of rainbow coloured terry cloth velour tracksuits that flooded main stream fashion. Vancouver based BTL has reignited this fad but with their understated flare and sublime leopard print! Still shining light on every hair coloured human and giving us the diversity we deserve! Don’t be without your little babes or core crewnecks this holiday!
6. Sustainable bamboo fabric is the go to material that British Colombia’s very own, Silkberry Baby and Whistle & Flute use prominently in their children’s fashion line. Breathable and ultra soft bamboo material that is quite durable too! Perfect weather to dress kids in bamboo clothing this season!
7. Moccasins can classify as favoured Canadian footwear. Especially when it’s hand made with ultra soft and quality leather by a mother of three from Lethbridge, Alberta. Available in a array of neutrals, pastels and metallic hues. With or without the signature fringe and dressed up with bows. Complete any outfit for newborns to toddlers with these trendy and artisan made moc’s.
8. When hunting for the ideal gear for children and nothing available can satisfy your standards of quality. That’s how bbluv came to be. Québécois parents who created their own line of quality and affordable products that help with giving quality care that’s essential to newborns and children. From sonic toothbrushes to nasal aspirations, (a vast line of products are available) all aimed at improving while simplifying the lives of parents and their children. All products are modernly attractive with a European flare. Plus great quality and functionality too! The perfect gift for the minimalist parents/caregivers on your list! https://kidmonet.com/?s=Bbluv Another pioneering duo from Ontario: BabyLu & Co. created this years most sought after ball pit! Available in soft neural palettes to fit into the modern adult home. With chemical free & USA made plastic balls so that you could worry less when your child is at play. BabyLu & Co. letting us elevate playtime in the comfort of our home.
9. Dress your decor or wrap your loved ones in a Heartprint Threads Blanket this winter! A wholesome duo from Calgary, Alberta, where the brands initiative is to donate a blanket to local charities when a blanket is purchased. A gift that keeps on giving. Various colors and styles available for anyone or even any pet on your Christmas list!
10. Lastly, vacation apparel for those who travel south when the cold weather hits. Winter vacations are on the rise and we have two Canadian designers that have amazing warm climate fashions. Canadian made and designed Imagine Perry is notorious for her mommy & me swimwear. Simple styles, in subtle prints and ruffles in all the right places. Match your littles on your next holiday vacay in this brand on the rise! https://kidmonet.com/?s=Imagine+perry Looking for prarie inspired, boho & timeless vacation threads? Look no further than Montreal born designer April Cornell. Girls dresses, rompers and 2 piece sets are designed based on inspirations from nature and culture. Made of quality cotton fabrics ideal for warm climates. Timeless pieces that can be handed down to future generations. Perfect for the little girl on your gift list!
Happy gift giving during this wonderful holiday! Wishing the best to you and yours during this festive season!